The Parish and its buildings
When the church was built it was in the Diocese of Winchester which stretched from the Channel Islands to the River Thames. It was briefly in the newly created Diocese of Rochester before Southwark Diocese was created in 1905. The parish was carved out of the ancient parishes of St Mary's Long Ditton and St John's Old Malden.
In 1995 we converted our church hall in Douglas Road into a community Arts Centre, run by The Douglas Centre Trust. This Arts Centre is now known as the cornerHOUSE and it has developed into a thriving arts centre with frequent productions involving the local community and beyond.
St George's church was built within the parish of St Matthew's to serve the southern half of the Parish in 1934 once this area had begun to be developed with the arrival of the A3. In 2015 the Parish of Tolworth St George was formed out of the eastern and southern part of the existing Parish taking Red Lion Road as the boundary.